How can we make sustainable innovation thrive in the built environment sector? Hear from industry innovators who are creating the conditions for sustainable innovation in their businesses and projects, and championing exciting new approaches and products. Learn about the process of breakthrough innovation and hear the panel discussion on emerging trends and what’s next for our sector.
- Cat Hirst, Head of Learning & Innovation, UK-GBC
- Martin Gettings Group Sustainability Manager, Canary Wharf Group
- Claire Battles, Innovation & Knowledge Manager, Balfour Beatty
- Sean Lockie, Theme Director - Urban Transitions, Climate-KIC
- Matt Smith Sustainability Manager, Lendlease
Future society, technology, climate and resource availability could be very different in the future. This session looks at the key megatrends and the practical changes leading organisations are taking today to create a sustainable, resilient built environment.
David Symons WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff
- David Symons WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff
- Louise Ellison Head of sustainability, Hammerson
- Caroline Hill Head of sustainability, Land Securities
This session provides an update on the latest tools and guidance for carbon reductions in the built environment. This will include: the newly launched PAS 2080 for infrastructure carbon (sponsored by the Green Construction Board); how BREEAM, BREEAM infrastructure and CEEQUAL are key tools for infrastructure and property carbon management; how BIM level 2 and beyond will assist with reducing carbon at all stages of the project lifecycle; and an introduction to the InnovateUK project to define UK carbon reporting through RICS Professional Statement and BREEAM 2018.
Dr Paul Toyne Infrastructure Working Group, Green Construction Board and London SD Commissioner
- How BREEAM infrastructure and CEEQUAL help manage carbon
- Chris Broadbent Director, BREAM Infrastructure and CEEQUAL
- BIM as a tool to manage carbon
- Paul Oakley Director, BRE BIM
- PAS2080: a new standard for infrastructure carbon management
- Terry Ellis Carbon Management Practice Leader, Mott Macdonald
- Carbon reporting through RICS Professional Statement and BREEAM 2018
- Simon Sturgis Director, Sturgis Carbon Profiling
Retrofit and Regeneration: Transformation across the EU through BUILD UPON
In 2015, WorldGBC launched the BUILD UPON project, bringing together 13 Green Building Councils and their national governments to create a Renovation Revolution – aiming to increase the national rate of renovation in each country, and develop comprehensive renovation strategies to regenerate existing building stock. The project will conclude just as EcoBuild begins, creating an opportunity for reflection its success and challenges, and next steps.
- Audrey Nugent, Senior Policy Advisor (Europe Regional Network), WorldGBC
- BuildUpon – Collaborating to overcome Europe’s renovation challenge
- Co-creating national renovation strategies – A Spanish perspective
- Bruno Sauer, CEO, GBC Espana
- How can the implementation of the renovation strategies support local energy systems deployment?
- Marco Marijewycz , Team Leader – Technology Policy & Systems Analysis, E.ON
- A Call to Action: How to accelerate energy-efficient renovation in buildings and infrastructure
- Barbara Kreissler, Director, B2G Professional Lighting Global Public & Government Affairs, Philips Lighting
- Where is the money and how to make it flow?
- Dr Steve Fawkes, ICP Europe Advisor , Investor Confidence Project, Europe
The next decade: How can we make sustainability in the built environment mainstream? Previous Rising Star Award winners launch a new publication and discuss future solutions to the challenges of communicating with the wider, public audience. With presentation of the Rising Star Award 2017 and drinks reception to follow.
- Andrew Mellor, Partner, PRP
- Phil Birch, Sustainable Development Manager, John Lewis Partnership
- Lisa Pasquale, Director, Six Cylinder
- Christina Houlgrave, Circular Economy Analyst, Skanska
- Lindsey Malcolm, Associate XCO2