Speaking at Ecobuild 2014
Across 3 days, the free to attend seminar programme will deliver practical and applied information focusing on the key issues for sustainability professionals. Each seminar is structured to provide key learning points, supported by case studies, analysis and examples of best practice.
In 2014 we will introduce six content zones to the event. The zones will consist of a seminar theatre which will host one of our six seminar streams and drop in advice clinics held by industry leading organisations.
- The 'Design' zone will look at the most effective way of delivering sustainable projects. It will tackle issues surrounding lighting, fabric, services, adaption and designing for productive environments. It will also include the most effective way of meeting energy regulations and environmental standards.
- The 'Building Performance & BIM' zone will help visitors understand how to get optimum energy performance out of completed schemes. Initiatives under discussion include Government Soft Landings which will be mandatory on government projects from 2016.
- The 'Refurbishment & Retrofit' zone will cover the challenge of meeting the government's target of an 80% cut in carbon emissions by 2050. Themes include getting the most of the Green Deal and ECO.
- The 'Green Energy' zone will include content on the cost effective provision of low and zero carbon energy in buildings, including cost effective ways of meeting the new regulations and getting the balance right between fabric and renewable energy technologies.
- The 'Water, Waste & Materials' zone will include design strategies to minimise the production of waste, how to reduce and manage this onsite and the effective reuse and recycling of left over materials.
- The 'Connecting Future Cities' zone will cover the most effective ways of delivering sustainable communities including green and blue infrastructure, transport, energy networks and smart cities technology.